About Me

My photo
The lunatic is on grass

October 20, 2012

Song of Hope

There won't be visions
Mind is a big blank white screen.
The only thing you know doesn't exist. 
The only thing you see is unreal. 

Except for one. 

World shredded to pieces. 
Broken green glasses of wine scattered on the floor,
The world was green before.
And all the noises were music composed in A Minor.
That's all there was to see.
That's all there was to hear.

Except for one. 
 
Voices submerge into a dying black sun
Burning eyes fall from molten skies.  
Words crumble,worlds jumble.
False promises lay naked in vain
and lies drool over uncovered truth.

Disturbed evolution. Disturbed sanity.
Except for one.  

Except for this one:
Amidst the chaos of the world grotesque. 
Right in the middle.
Underneath gloom,boom & doom.

Across the corridor from ancient faceless figurines: 
There.
There lies a puddle of black plague .

And, 
And a little red rose floats on it. 

8 comments:

♥ Braja said...

nice...really nice

Sabyasachi Patra | Tales from Wild India said...

Nice one. I was thinking whether it would be apt to slightly change it to a lotus blooming in a flower pond in the garden. I am not a poet, so please treat this with the contempt it deserves. Overall I liked the poem a lot.

Ausdrucklos said...

@Braja: Thanks!

@Sabyasachi: I didn't want a happy ending here. It's just that a reader wants to see what he expects to see.

For me a floating rose is not optimistic at all. But when you would read something so maddening which is building upto an end,then you would subconsciously desire the end to be an optimistic one. because the governing emotion is hope in us.

And don't worry i don't treat criticism negative at all. you have a window which looks at the world and i have a window of my own. we both see the world from different perspectives and what we both see is equally beautiful :)

all that matters for me is someone has spent time thinking about what i've written.

Ausdrucklos said...

So thank you Sabyasachi :)

Shruti said...

You know I could hear Rage Against The Machine in the background as I read this one.

"There lies a puddle of water .
And, And a little red rose floats on it."

Sheer brilliance. And no, I do not flatter you. You are THAT good.

Ausdrucklos said...

Rage against the machine! reminds me of young days. now i want to listen to them right now.

and thank you Shruti! you make me feel amazing with those words!!

Kshipra said...

I don't know why, but I was reminded about this quote
"Between all the chaos of the cosmos, we find a secret order- Carl Jung"

The last line blew me away.

Ausdrucklos said...

Danke Kshipra :) Liked what this post reminded you.

Harmony in chaos is beautiful and omnipresent if we look at it from the right point of view.